- Exhibition Project Management
- Project manage SCCC’s onsite, traveling and digital special exhibitions;
- Plan timelines and milestones, and monitor progress to meet deadlines;
- Plan and allocate project budget and monitor expenditure to ensure adequate provision and project is on budget;
- Project manage exhibition-related tasks such as handling administrative tasks including calling of tender, compiling artefact list, procuring goods or services, logistical arrangement, and production of exhibition catalogue etc;
- Work closely with the SCCC Estates Team as well as other exhibition professionals including designers, conservators and technicians to set up and project manage the exhibitions;
- Oversee maintenance and technical support of all exhibitions.
- Support exhibition-related programmes and materials
- Coordinate with other SCCC teams on education, public programming and marketing matters for permanent and special exhibitions;
- Organise exhibition-related programmes;
- Conduct guided tours and train SCCC’s docents for permanent and special exhibitions;
- Work with local artists and arts groups to organise Artspace exhibitions and related programmes.
- Degree preferably in any of the following fields: Singapore History, Chinese Studies, Southeast Asian Studies, Anthropology or Sociology;
- At least 5 years of relevant research or curatorial work experience;
- Strong passion, interest and knowledge in Chinese history and culture;
- Good time and project management skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Able to work independently and also be a good team player;
- Bilingual with strong proficiency in Mandarin preferred to liaise with the Mandarin-speaking public.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.