MYTHOLOGY: THE REMIX.13 July 2020 to 31 July 2021
Event Date & Time
6 to 9 June 2019 | 11am – 6pm
SCCC Kwan Im Thong Hood Cho Temple Gallery, Level 2
Activities will be conducted in both English and Mandarin
Come and ‘kossip’ over a cup of kopi with us. Find out more about the development of coffee in Singapore and how it has evolved to become a lifestyle, through our exhibition. Visitors will also get to participate in workshops that highlight Singapore’s rich coffee culture and try their hands at brewing.
- Heritage Coffee: Learn what goes into a good cup of coffee though a hands-on coffee brewing experience
- Yaya Kaya: Learn how coconut is used in cooking across Hainanese, Peranakan and Malay cultures and trade experiences over kaya toast
- Crack Me Up: Learn how different flavours of biscuits are influenced and shaped by our local culture, and try your hand at making mini biscuit replicas
- Tea Station: Find out how tea has evolved over the years by travelling from China to Singapore, and how traditional teh and tea from around the world are infused to make cold brew and mocktails.
- The Coffeeshop: Come la kopi with us and share about your coffee experience at our coffeeshop.
- Retro-City: Connect across generations with Kalkitos rub-on stickers to trigger conversations on the past and present.
- Chinese Calligraphy: Use coffee by-products to upcycle and design your own notebook, bag and postcard with Chines calligraphy.