As far as 100 years ago, many Chaoyang pioneers came to earn a living in Singapore. In 1926, they initiated the setting up of Teo Yeong Huai Kuan in High Street to unite fellow clansmen. They later acquired a piece of land in Clemenceau Avenue to build their own facility. Due to transportation issues, they rented a place in Tank Road as a temporary clubhouse. After moving into their own place in 1941, all activities were brought to a halt due to the Japanese invasion, resuming only in 1945 after the Japanese surrender.
In 1952, a new building was completed, and they started the Teo Yeonh School (also known as the Chaoyang School) the following year. The school closed in 1982 as the need for Chinese-medium schools declined. Following the advice of the Ministry of Education, Teo Yeong Huai Kuan allowed Chao Yang Special School to use its premises, and the school is now known as the APSN Chaoyang School.
Apart from the groups that cover mutual aid, welfare, and recreation, the clan formed a youth wing in 2016 to groom successors to carry on their legacy.
Seven pieces from their collection will be on display, including three Chinese ink paintings by Nai Swee Leng, a painting by Choo Keng Kwang, and a calligraphy piece by Cai Mingchen.